What can be declared
Market pulps that are used as raw material in Nordic Swan Ecolabelled paper products.
Paper and board
Paper and board that are used as raw material in Nordic Swan Ecolabelled paper products.
Chemicals for producing pulp, paper and board
Chemicals for producing pulp and paper that are used as raw material in Nordic Swan Ecolabelled paper products.
In order to declare your items, you must meet the Nordic Ecolabelling requirements.
Requirements for paper products
The Nordic Ecolabelling criteria for paper products encompass a wide range of requirements, most of which relate to pulp and paper production. The structure of the paper criteria is based on a module system.
- The Basic Module contains general requirements concerning forestry management, emissions, energy use and waste disposal in regard to pulp and paper production. The Forestry Requirements contains information about the requirements for raw materials deriving from forestry operations.
- The Chemical Module contains general requirements in regard to the users of chemicals in the manufacture of pulp and paper.
Specific requirements for paper products are found in the following Supplementary Modules:
Other Nordic Ecolabelling sets of criteria may refer to the modular system too, such as:
- Disposables for food 047 (board)
- Packaging for liquid food 103 (liquid board)
- Sanitary products 023 (fluff pulp)