Dishwasher detergents and rinse aids
This product group relates to dishwasher detergents and rinse aids for household machines. The rinse aid may be integrated into the product or it may be a separate product.
Dishwasher detergents for professional use cannot be labelled under these criteria. See the requirements for dishwasher detergents for professional use instead. Cleaning agents for dishwashers can also not be labelled under these criteria.
Nordic Swan Ecolabelled dishwasher detergents and rinse aids have to meet strict environmental and chemical criteria as well as criteria for efficiency. Moreover, packaging criteria must be met to ensure that it contributes to the circular economy.
The criteria include, amongst others:
- Environmental effects of chemicals, including criteria regarding biodegradability and aquatic toxicity.
- Health effects of chemicals, including complete ban on CMR classified substances and various specifically problematic substances such as identified and potential endocrine disruptors on up-to-date lists from EU and National authorities.
- No use of microplastics.
- Test of efficiency, for dishwasher detergents on low temperature (45°C).
- Packaging design - and quantity and type of material used for the packaging.
- Documentation of the biodegradability of the water-soluble film, if used.