Disposable bags, tubes and accessories for health care
Products that can be Nordic Swan Ecolabelled are disposable products and accessories for dialysis, intravenous infusion treatment, treatment of urinary retention and incontinence, blood bags and ostomy pouches.
A Nordic Swan Ecolabelled disposable product for healthcare meets strict chemical requirements. These include adhesive used in the product and additives to the plastic, such as plasticisers, dyes and antioxidants. Quality and safety requirements are set to ensure that the products are safe to use and work as intended. The requirements include:
- Prohibition of the materials PVC and latex
- The siloxanes D4, D5 and D6 is not allowed in silicone, but can be in the silicone as contaminants in limited amounts
- Adding phthalates to the plastic is prohibited
- Chemicals classified as environmentally harmful, toxic, allergenic, endocrine disruptors and CMR (carcinogenic, mutagenic, toxic for reproduction) cannot be added to the plastic or be part of the adhesive
- Product and parts must comply with EU Medical Products Directive (2001/83 / EC) and/or Medical Devices Regulation (2017/745 / EU)
Below you will find all the necessary documents and background information to apply for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.