Liquid and gaseous fuels
The product group comprises liquid and gaseous fuels for transport (road, sea and air) as well as fuels for heating and industrial use.
There are strict requirements for commodities in Nordic Swan Ecolabelled fuels. This means that the fuels must either consist of 100% renewable raw materials, or mixtures of renewable and fossil raw materials. The renewable raw materials must meet a number of requirements, including traceability and sustainable production. There is also a ban on certain commodities. Commodity requirements will help to preserve biodiversity and soil resources. The requirements also contribute to reduced climate impact.
The requirements include the following:
- Requirements for high proportion of renewable raw materials
- The renewable raw materials must be sustainably produced and come from controlled sources
- The renewable raw materials must be traceable
- Prohibition of palm oil, soybean oil and sugar cane
- Prohibition of raw materials from genetically modified plants
- Prohibition of fossil components based on tar sands, shale oil or coal
- Strict requirements for reducing greenhouse gas emissions during the production and use of fuel
- Working conditions in the production of fuel must comply with relevant UN conventions
- Compliance with recognized fuel standards
Below you will find all the necessary documents and background information to apply for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.