Rechargeable batteries and portable chargers
The product group comprises both portable rechargeable batteries and portable chargers (known as power banks).
The Nordic Swan Ecolabel focuses on capacity and durability of batteries to ensure long battery life thereby reducing the resource consumption. At the same time, batteries and portable chargers must meet recognized quality and safety standards.
The requirements include:
- Threshold values for heavy metals in batteries.
- No use of PVC and a number of flame retardants in plastic.
- CSR policy to ensure responsible use and sourcing of limited raw materials and “conflict free” minerals.
- Electrical-, safety- and quality testing of batteries/cells, portable- and battery chargers.
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries and cells must be fully charged when leaving the production site.
- Recyclable design of the portable charger.
Below you will find all the necessary documents and background information to apply for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel