Textile services, i.e. laundry and rent of textiles, concern many areas in both public and private business.
Washing and delivery of work clothes, hospital textiles, textiles for hotels and restaurants, cloth hand towel rolls, mats and mops are a few examples.
Textile rental is an environmentally friendly alternative to owning textiles or using disposable items, and fits well in the circular business models that we need to regain.
A Nordic Swan Ecolabelled textile service:
* Is energy efficient and has a low climate impact.
* Consumes limited amounts of water and uses the planet’s resources sparingly.
* Uses chemicals complying with stringent environmental and health requirements. For example, detergents not containing fragrances or DADMAC.
* Reduces the environmental impact of transport involved in distribution.
* Buys large quantities of textiles which either are ecolabelled or comply with the Oeko-Tex 100 standard.