The product group includes all the types of products that fall under the EU Cosmetics Regulation, eg. products for skin and hair care, sun protection products and decorative cosmetics. In addition, it is also possible to Nordic Ecolabel care products for animals, sex products whose composition is similar to cosmetic products (eg. lube and anal cream) and wet wipes. Products covered by the Biocides Regulation cannot be Nordic Ecolabelled.The substances that are part of a Nordic Ecolabelled cosmetic product must live up to strict environmental and chemical requirements. This means that the use of a number of drugs is prohibited. In addition, there are requirements for the design of the packaging in order to both limit material consumption and waste of the products.
The requirements include:
- * Environmental properties (degradability, bioaccumulability and toxicity to aquatic organisms) of the chemical substances used.
- * No use of substances classified as carcinogenic, mutagenic, harmful to reproduction or allergenic.
- * No use of substances on the EU list of substances suspected of being endocrine disruptors.
- * No use of microplastics.
- * No perfume in baby and baby products.
- * Packaging volume and degree of emptying for different types of packaging.
Below you will find all the necessary documents and background information to apply for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.